Choose one of the following:
• Call the Customer Service Department at (800) 233-3750 ext. 503.
• Fax, mail or email a written request (please indicate the contract number and whose address you are changing).
• Complete and return the change notification slip attached to your premium billing envelope.
Complete California Change Of Ownership C-5606
and send it to us by mail, fax, or email.
- When the current contract owner is a business or trust, the form must include the name of the business or trust, and the title of the person signing. The person who signs should not be the person insured or the person who will benefit from the change.
- After we have accepted and recorded the information on your owner designation form, the change will be effective the date the form was signed.
- Changing the ownership of a policy does not change the beneficiary.
- Changing the ownership of a policy does not change the payor.
- There may also be tax consequences to having your life insurance policies or annuities owned by a trust, or by other family members who will be the beneficiaries. You may want to consult your tax advisor prior to requesting a change in ownership.
Complete a CA Contract Change Form C-5454
and send it to us by mail, fax, or email. Additions of benefits are limited to what is available for your type of insurance under its original contract. If you are unsure of what your benefit/rider options are, please contact your Interstate Life agent or the Customer Service department at (800) 233-3750 ext. 503.
Please contact your Interstate Life agent or the Customer Service department at (800) 233-3750 ext. 503 for options and requirements to process this type of request.