The Estate Builder is a single premium whole life plan that immediately increases the value of your client’s estate, and allows them to transfer a portion of their estate to their children, grandchildren, or a favorite charity federal income tax free. One premium buys a guaranteed lifetime death benefit.
Advantages of The Estate Builder
- Insured’s estate is immediately increased by the death benefit amount
- Provides a tax-free inheritance for beneficiaries
- Builds guaranteed cash value, which is available through policy loans.*
- Includes an Accelerated Death Benefit Rider at no additional cost.**
- Issue Ages: 40 – 85 (last birthday)
- Minimum Premium: $5,000
- Maximum Premium:
Ages 40-44: $100,000
Ages 45-49: $125,000
Ages 50-54: $155,000
Ages 55-79: $200,000
Ages 80-85: $100,000
- Maximum Face Amount: $250,000 (unless otherwise approved)
- Simplified Issue for Net Amounts at Risk up to $100,000
(based on application, telephone interview, and MIB check)
Accelerated Death Benefit Details
This rider allows the policyowner to receive a portion of the face amount in the event the insured is diagnosed with a qualifying condition by a licensed physician. An accelerated death benefit payment may be requested if the insured is:
- Diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Under permanent confinement in a qualified nursing facility.
- Diagnosed with a chronic illness
The maximum percentage of the death benefit that can be accelerated is based on the qualifying condition.^ The maximum percentages for the conditions listed above are 90%, 75%, and 50% respectively. The Accelerated Death Benefit rider is included in the policy; no additional premiums are charged for this benefit.^^
*Policy loans reduce the death benefit by the amount owed. Loans may be taxable and, if made prior to age 59½, may be subject to a 10% tax penalty.
**Currently available in the following states only: AL, AR, AZ, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV.
^If the insured has more than one qualifying condition, then the largest of the corresponding maximum percentages will prevail. Refer to policy for complete terms and conditions.
^^Please see the Required Disclosure Statement for more information about this benefit.